Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Embracing Neon

I've been hooked on neon since Marc Jacobs brought it back three years ago...My favorite purse: (photo coming soon). In the last year I have introduced neon into my wardobe...It can be scary! If you are a neon newbie try out a neon purse or scrunche before going into neon clothing full force. Marc Jacobs makes great neon purses.



*** Side note - Can we please remove the 80's stigma from neon? I know there is an 80's revival going on, but I hope that some neon will stick around for a while! The trick to wearing neon in 2010 is to avoid looking like 80's workout queen. You don't need to be mocked by your mom for bringing back her original 80's look.


NO!! - Unless you are going to an 80's party...I guess. 80's party clothes have even evolved from this little number.



A touch of neon a day keeps the full on 80's revival at bay. I am not a fan of the over the top 80's Cindy Lauper look!!

Here are examples of GOOD neon usage.



My Favorite Neon Trends! - In last seasons Harpers Bizarre fashion issue Neon fur and Neon Blazers were all the rage. I couldn't be happier that neon is finally hitting the streets! By the streets I mean me I guess? I haven't seen many other people wearing neon in West End Richmond, but I have hope! These are photos of the 3 runway looks I follow...The neon Blazer: Neon Fur: Neon Poncho





**This fur is a bit much- so I have done some sketches that incorporate neon fur in a more wearable fashion. (coming soon) However, I still like the look.



***One nice neon garment like a blazer, coat or poncho is all you need in your "Forever wardrobe". - No need to stock up on expensive neon. One piece is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment