I don't need to shop for clothing anywhere else but my closet, my mom's closet, my grandmothers closet (vintage jewels and hats), and my aunt meg's closet (she has great taste and awesome clothes) for the next few years.
You can always change the look of your clothes with accessories.
We also have the most amazing alteration ladies at work, I am already re-designing a few pieces of clothing I already have for them to help me re-sew. #1 is my grandmothers yellow Burberry rain coat. Lovely jacket, it just doesn't fit me at all. Altering is a great money saver, and my sewing machine is always in the corner. I can always bust that out. I am trying to budget finally...it only took me 24 years and a recession. I'm going back to basics and I am sewing my own clothes. The 50's housewife returns. I need to watch more mad men...I'm really into 50's clothing right now.
I will certainly be wearing this cow neck collar I sewed last year. It took me forever, because I suck at sewing. I might even wear it tomorrow with a white flowy top. Obvi I wouldn't wear it with Carolina blue of course.
Sorry for the i-phone in the mirror pic I hate them. I'm aware my photo skills are not being expressed via iphone. I am just lazy and camera less thanks to the theif at SCAD who stole my Nikon and the James River trip that ruined my small camera.
1.) Belts
Most of my belts come from goodwill, the Bill Hallman boutique in Atlanta, or they were my mom's in the 80's. If only I had a cool belt and bag tree. I love closet organization! I wish I could make my spare room a styling room like Rachel ZOE. I want to bring in some clothes racks...it would be so awesome! I think I will.

This was my mom's in the 80's. Love it! I wore it a lot last fall...hopefully I'll want to wear it again this fall. I tend to gravitate towards different belts every year. Belts can be tricky sometimes...this one is certainly back in style this season.

2.) Shoes!
I am a big fan of the leopard these are Mia clogs...my mom got them over 10 years ago, and I kept them. I love leopard shoes this season. All my nice shoes come from my mom...only three pair of these I bought myself.
For those of you without a shopaholic mom or different sized feet GOJANE.COM is my shoe secret. Every kind of shoe you could want for cheap! The quality is great trust me, and your welcome.

None of these are tall enough, but comfy for work. I only have one pair of 5.5 inch heels (not pictured) and I wear them every night I go out. I like super high high high heels because I am short. The one thing that I will purchase when I get paid is a pair of Pattin leather stripper heels. First priority after my bills are paid...How trashy does that sound! haha. I hope the box doesn't look all strippery XXX when it arrives.

They also come in 8 inches...hahaha. I think I will stick to the 6 inch...maybe 7inch.

3.) Scarves, Throws, and Pashminas
Collected over many years.
Great find - Pashminas in Rhonda...the bull fighting town in Spain where Hemingway wrote The Sun Also Rises one of 9 novels I have actually finished reading. Women on the street sells the nicest quality real pashmina scarves for $9.
I call the last two on the bottom my "rugs" I wear them like blankets with a white t-shirt, boots and jeans in winter and fall... Mexico is a good place to find them for cheap.
4.) Black morning hat I think...I could look it all up but I am too tired. Anyway this hat is from some era probably the 40's, and I wear it pinned it to the back of my head over my hair. The vintage hats I tend to pick out to wear wear everyday are usually black or red. Most of them are probably funeral hats. I adore all the bright colored and big vintage hats, but America is not ready for me to wear them yet.......
5.) Another black vintage hat. Also a morning hat.
I wore it last year for Halloween when I was a cross between Ziggy stardust and Boy George.

Yeah I'm weird.
6.) In the middle of switching over my closet I found the vintage gloves that I bought last year! I can scratch those off my list for now. The gloves are black and not purple, but I will live. Love the ruffles on these gloves. I got them about two years ago in the most random town in north Carolina on my way back to Richmond from Atlanta. I stumbled upon the COOLEST vintage shop in a tiny town and ended up spending an hour looking at vintage clothes. My love for vintage hats started at this place! I mean a RANDOM ass town...I would love to go back some day. Too bad I have no idea where the hell I was...So typical.

7.) Vintage Hats and Gloves

My Favorite Dress- Vintage DVF or Betsey Johnson pretty sure...tag is gone now. Best fitting dress I own, coolest color dress I own, and all around most bad ass dress ever!! Unfortunately I can wear it once a year. I always have a fun in this dress. It's my version of a princess dress if you will. Very bright in real life, and if I for some reason can't fit into it just kill me on the spot. But that won't happen.

WHY THE HELL DID I JUST ANALYSE MY CLOSET IN A BLOG???
It's ANALYZE
ReplyDeleteand that is a tibi dress
ReplyDelete