Wednesday, September 29, 2010

ADDICTED TO V



PLANET VELVET

People PLEASE stop saying "Oh I see velvet is back in style" It never went out of style!

If I had my own planet it would be covered with velvet, vampires, shape shifters, and aliens duh. For now I settle for velvet curtains, go crazy for electric purple velvet couches and just about everything else velvet!

What if someones hair was made out of velvet...hahahah that would be so weird. However, a real jaguar made out of velvet would be AWESOME!

What I would really like to see right now is a neon hot pink velvet blazer to pair with black velvet (Izda style) riding pants that have an electric blue or mustard green stripe going down the side. It needs to be sketched.

I would also like to see a very fancy gray velvet evening gown with mustard green trim and hot pink velvet gloves on the runway.

Trust me it would be so dope! I will have to draw a picture for you.

Velveteen is such a funny word. Remember the Velveteen rabbit? I always thought it was a very sad tail, but the rabbit wasn't purple or wearing a hat so who really cares anyway.

I bought the coolest purple velvet 70's couch cushions from "Scarlet Loves Rhettro" my most favorite vintage store in ATL...if only I had a couch to go with them. Normally I wouldn't buy random cushions but these were the most amazing shade of purple velvet I have ever seen! I'm not sure if it was a wearable color, but most certainly I would have a couch made out of that fabric. No idea where they are now? Lost in the move. Actually I was packing up my stuff in ATL and I was like why the hell do I have random ass cushions and no couch, so I left them. Anyway Forgetting about my long lost cushions and days of mindless spending...and moving on.

Another idea/want is a velvet cape. I would have one in just about every color. I wish I had the patience to sew!

I actually started getting into to fabrics and designing last year after I spent a solid week trying to locate long purple and blue velvet curtains. I found them in the oddest place ever! The only person who designed descent velvet drapes at the time was Cindy Crawford at JCPenny, I know they were designed for some redneck in mind, but in the right context they would have been perfect. Even still they weren't really a necessity, Nice Velvet window treatments are not cheap or easy to find! Maybe because velvet is flammable? I dunno? I do know that someone needs to start making cool velvet curtains and lampshades. I don't really care if it is flammable.

The best episodes of pimp my ride are when they recreate 70's style pimp cars and use velvet for seat cushions. Velvet King and Queen throne chairs are also a favorite of mine.

I would so love love love to have a cute alien made out of velvet. How fun would that be! Okay I have had enough of my ADD stream of consciousness about velvet.

Until I create something awesomer...lets chat about some photos.

VELVET SIDETRACK: PIMPS, CARS, BOYS
I certainly wouldn't go for a guy in this jacket...but I kinda like it? I just know the guy who would actually wear a purple velvet blazer is probably a d-bag...thats the only reason I am not really a fan. However, if a non metro preppy guy for some reason wore a velvet blazer I'm sure I would be fine with it. Just throwing it out there...black guys and gay men can pull off velvet much better than white guys.

OKay with me:

EXHIBIT A -



Hahaha Awesome! What a great pimp car.

MY VELVET STYLE:
Or at least this is what I can get away with in public without looking like Gaga. I wish my style could be a little crazier, but I live in the RIC...but I love it so it's okay.
This is going to be my next purchase. Velvet pants from victoria secret. I love them!!

This is the purple I like so much!! I LOVE this BLAZER!

I am really into the gray blue or (slate) color velvet that I have been seeing around this year. We have a really great blazer in this color at Frances Kahn...but it's late and I have blocked out the name. Tomorrow...
RUNWAY LOOKS!!!





Great of course I totally forgot Rachel Zoe actually wore a velvet gown to the Met Ball in yellow...exaclty what I would have tried to wear. Yellow looks so good with emeralds I am glad RZ likes color just as much as me. I just wish we didn't like the exact same stuff!!!...

Diane Kruger in Velvet

She has really great taste. I love her style. Diane Kruger would be in my top 5 style icons if I didn't HATE her so much for being engaged to my life long crush...Joshua Jackson!! I have all the DVD box sets of Dawson's Creek...best show ever. In a perfect world I would marry Pacey and live on a boat...Actually no I would be Diane Kruger. I have to say she is a wonderful actress with excellent clothes...at least I know Pacey is marrying someone with style.

VAMPS AND VELVET
Vampires really like velvet. I wonder how that came to be? Velvet is sexy and vampires like it...thats that I guess. Runway vamps in velvet.

Ralph Lauren

Alexander Wang


VELVET SHOES AND BOOTS
Love this shoe! So Pimp, Vamp, and Awesome!



I DIE for these! Zappos $29.00!! Not kidding.

VELVET CHAIRS AND COUCHES








VELVET INTERIORS



No comments:

Post a Comment